Monday, January 7, 2019

Kenya-Week 1!

It's been an exciting and eventful first week here in Kenya! From a luxurious evening at the DoubleTree Hotel in Nairobi, to getting lost on my first run--although I (Rouba) did get to see a donkey up close so can't complain too much..., a monkey invasion which was OUT OF CONTROL and one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever done: this place is truly something else.


DAY 1/2: Rochelle, Ginger and I leaving the DoubleTree...I miss it already: best. showers. ever.


At the top of the hill, my first view of Kijabe. We gained elevation pretty quickly!

Our only evidence of the monkeys...Unfortunately Rochelle was a little too busy chasing them out to take pictures




There were so many animals that we got to see up close on the hike: donkeys, sheep, cows and the infamous monkeys (I will admit the latter are my least favorite...a pack of them came into the house and ate all of our bananas and mangos; and then proceeded to poop on our floor. Little buggers)
Views on our first hike up the hill.


Rochelle practicing her ukulele before dinner :)


Our first set of PAPs!!!

So far, I can honestly say that there hasn't been a single dull moment here in Kenya! There's always somewhere new to explore and interesting people to meet. Everyone here is truly incredibly kind and Kijabe itself is absolutely beautiful. The cases we see at work are a mix of standard to challenging and really rare. I'm looking forward to the days ahead. 

Until next time!

~Rouba

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahha you guys look fantastic! The part about the monkeys in the room is hilarious! “Out of control” Rouba ! Lol! We ll follow your news ! Have fun !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing. Have fun Ginger!

    ReplyDelete